Payroll Vault is a boutique style full-service payroll company designed for small business. Processing payroll and related client communication are the cornerstones of Payroll Vault’s service.
Our office is located in the La Cumbre area of Santa Barbara. We value teamwork and the collaborative communication that goes along with it.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
We seek an entry-level full-time data processor for our Santa Barbara team. We are looking for a professionally-minded candidate aligned with our company core values, who is enthusiastic and capable of learning new software and processes. This opportunity supports Payroll Vault and provides motivated candidates an opportunity to learn new technology systems and build on their already superior customer experience skillset.
- Calculation and payment of termination payments (resignation/retirement/redundancy)
- Collect, compile and enter payroll data
- Review and verify source documents
- Calculate and review payroll deductions
- Process payroll by establishing deadlines
- Issue statements of earning and deductions
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- Update payroll records by recording changes including insurance coverage, loan payments and salary increases
- Process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions
- Process, implement and train clients and employees on new auxiliary services
- Prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance and leave
Address companies pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications
- Produce federal, state and local tax payments
- Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines
- Prepare and submit W-2 and W-3 forms by the appropriate deadlines at the end of each year.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong data entry skills: Typing 50 WPM; 8,000 KPH
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Information collection, analysis and management
- Problem solving
- Customer service oriented
- Stress tolerance
- Shy about verbal or written communications with clients
- Difficulty with math
- Poor time management
If these values and qualifications describe you, please reply with a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest in Payroll Vault!